Wendy Shorter-Blake MBE will be delivering her Business Course via the AMUSF. This course runs for approximately four hours via zoom and covers the important issues when starting a small upholstery or soft furnishings business:
- Sole Traders: What You Must Do
- Limited Companies & Partnerships
- Record Keeping
- Tax Returns
- Employing Staff
- Working From Home
- Health & Safety
- Terms & Conditions
- Overheads & Costings
- Small Piece Formula
- Materials Mark-Up
- PR & Marketing
- General Data Protection Regulations
- The Furniture & Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988
- Understanding The Fire Regs for Loose Covers
- Fabric Treatment Options
- Fabric Performance
- Child Safety for Blinds Regulations
- Understanding Consumer Law
- Terms of Contract
- Guarantees & Good Will
- Customer’s Right to Cancel
- AMUSF – Associate Membership
- Worshipful Company of Upholders
- Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers
- Heritage Crafts Associations
Resources & Useful Contacts
- Sunday, 12th February 2023 @ 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, 5th April 2023 @ 11 a.m.
- Sunday, 30th July 2023 @ 2 p.m.
Course Cost: £50 inc. VAT
- Refunds for cancellations will not be made unless 14 days’ notice is given prior to the visit date.
- After payment has been made, you will be able to download the handout from your account dashboard.